Thursday, October 2, 2014

Rough Draft for Mapping

Rough Draft for Mapping

          I want to use the Crime-Alert notifications and pinpoint some of the crime hot spots on campus.  I believe that this map will fit the criteria that you have provided.  The information that my map will provide is something that isn't shown in traditional maps.  I will will attach the email messages that I use with my rationale to show you that I am not making up dots or just putting them on a map.  I have a very rough draft completed.  It isn't close to being done.  What I have done is simply placed the raw data points on the map.  Haphazardly, I might add.  The emails provide a specific location that I will nail down more specifically.  The points in the map I placed simply on the street location that the crime occurred. While the map looks bland now, I plan to add some pizzazz to the project.  This would include a legend that would color code the types of crime between assault, robbery, and miscellaneous weirdness such as arson and indecent exposure.  If I notice that there is a bunch of crimes close together, then I will add a slight red tinge to the area, maybe a warning sign as well.















No comments:

Post a Comment