Sunday, September 14, 2014


      I am excited about this project.  There are a lot of different ways to take this.  If I was funny, I could come up with some parody of an iconic image, or I can use the project to criticize something.  I had a vague idea of using the image of "The Last Supper" and inserting the faces of celebrities as a way to criticize how we have begun to idolize them.  Obviously,  Mel Gibson would be in Jesus's place at the table.  I'm sure I can find an image of "The Last Supper" on Google Images as well as other celebrities.  The problem with this idea, is that there are only 13 people in it.  I feel like I can cram others into it.  It's still an idea in progress, one that I will probably change if I can come up with something better.



1 comment:

  1. Aaron - I really love this idea, and I like the idea of using remix as a form of critique. My initial thoughts are that you would have to do 20 total images for our assignment. So one image could be the last supper, and the other 19 could be other religious images like "The Creation of Adam" by Michelangelo, "The Last Judgement," by Michelangelo and "Salome with the Head of St. John the Baptist" by Luini. To make this manageable for you, you can use images with only a few people, like the Creation of Adam, and then as a finale, have the last Supper with different celebrity faces.

    ReplyDelete